Factory talk tag cannot find

It is a tag (HLCP01_001_RUN) belonging to the controller pointed to by the
[2501CHCP001] shortcut.

Within FTVS Project Tree, expand the RSLinx Enterprise folder, double-click Communications Setup. On the left pane window you will find the shortcut attached to the controller tag; highlight it and, within the right pane window you will find the path RSLinx Enterprise will follow to reach the controller the tag belongs to.

Last edited:
Do you have the RSL5K project file of the controller you think the tag might belong to? Make sure you SAVE after every Edit!
If you do, within the FTVS Project Tree, RSLinx Enterprise/Communications Setup interface bottom window pane (Offline Tag File) pick the Browse button and point the software to the location of the RSL5K project file.
Then, in the left pane of the RSLinx Enterprise Tag Browser, expand the 2501CHCP001 shortcut folder, right-click the Offline sub-folder and pick Refresh; upon Refreshing the Offline folder, a double-click on the folder should let you access the tag you are looking for.
Remember, after every RSL5K edit, SAVE and then REFRESH the FTVS RSLinx Enterprise Offline folder.

The Shortcut (Pointer) is the commnications path the FTV application is following in order to "connect" to its controller tags.
There are systems in which an HMI is connected to multiple CPUs; each controller, obviously, is at the end of an unique path which the FTV application is to follow, hence the different "pointers".

Thank you sir, but I can't find that tag in the tag browser? Is there any problem with that?

{[2501CHCP001]HLCP01_001_RUN} is technically an "Expression" made up of a tag file path and a tag in some PLC program. Whether or not it is an actual "tag" within THIS Factory Talk View project depends upon whether this expression is used to set the value of a tag within the project. If it is not used to set the value of a specific tag, then the only tag in the expression is the "HLCP01_001_RUN" part of the expression.

Last edited:
One thing I have learned is if you can't find a tag in the tag browser try a right mouse click and then click on REFRESH ALL FOLDERS. This has helped me on numerous occasions.