Factory Talk View ME - Tag Value ***

Daandine

Hi,

We have added some new valve timing functionalty to AB programs and are running it out across 6 units. I have verified that the code works and the timings load correctly into the DINT tags (these can be viewed online in Studio 5000).

I have updated the Factory Talk Runtime project - this project is a carbon copy from another site. After carefully checking that the syntax references are the same {[KPC52]Tag} on the program, I have built the runtime file. After loading it onto the field HMI, I have found that all the tags from the original project still work, but my 6 new tags all read '***'.

I have performed this same update at another site previously and my method of simply keying the Syntax address into the Numeric Display Tag cell worked.

The program for the AB PLC was done remotely via a server. This laptop's Studio 5000 has never had the new tags opened on it.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
You need to set the display to the amount of digits that could be possible in the display, you also need to confirm that the display field is wide enough to display the max possible digits.

The asterisks usually mean that the display is not physically wide enough to display the value. Or in the properties the number of display digits is less than the digits trying to be displayed.