New to HMI -Panelview

bfranklin

I want to connect to a panelview 1000 using Ethernet.
I have the PLC program to make the necessary changes but I am not familiar with the HMI side of things.
I have all the necessary software but just don't know how to go about getting on to Factory Talk View ME and upload the current HMI program to make the changes?

With the Panelview plus (gray bezel) it will be important to know the firmware level of the application in the unit as well as in your software to determine if you can recreate an application project from a runtime file.

You can, however, make a backup with a memory card in most all cases.

Rule #1 of Panelview Questions:

State the full part number of the Panelview, and if it's a 2711P, your version of "F.T Me Stewdio" ;)

I am not at site anymore, but say I had all the correct firmware, software, etc.
How would I go about recreating an application from a run time file?