Rsview me

rrKazman

I have just purchased a new 64 bit i5 Quad core lap top. I had a great deal of trouble getting any of my old RS software to run. After successfully getting all of the PLC programming software to run, I can not get my RSView ME to operate. The software loads fine and the activation loads on, but when you go to open the software it will not fully load. This is RSView Studio Machine Edition Version 4 with a CPR 7. The operating system on the Laptop is XP-Pro 64 Bit SP2. Any help in this matter would be great

XP Pro 64 bit? Also why RSView ME v. 4.0? that version is quite old. There have been MANY improvements since then. I think the 64 bit version of XP is your trouble. Only FTView 6.1 is qualified to run on a 64 bit system and the 64 bit system is W7, not 64 bit XP.

All of my systems are older, I have no need to spend the money 5K on a new version of RSView. I was told that RSLigix 5K would not run on a 64 Bit system but it runs just fine in compatibility mode, all version from 10 to 19 work well. As far as why XP-64 bit, you can not get access to anymore than 2meg of RAM with out a 64 Bit system. That will slow down even the fastest computer. I have 16 Gig in my new lap-top, and the speed of all programs benefit from that. i am looking to find out if any one else has done this and if they were successful in making it work.

Actually, on 32 bit systems, XP will address up to 3.5 GB memory. XP x64 bit wasn't a widely supported OS. Are you using ME to develop PV+ applications or are you using ME Station? Rockwell had to change the internal DB engine from Watcom to SQL Server Express to get SE to run on x64 bit systems. Watcom is incompatible with x64 OSes. I don't think you're going to have much luck getting it to work. You may need to install it in a VM.