AB plc PROGRAMMING

Hi Friends
I dont have experience in Allen Bradley Programming.
Right now i am doing a project in AB plc. We have different processes in the system i am programmin, like
DI water flushing cycle
Tank Filling cycle
filter change cyle
and so on...
i have done the programs for each in separate subroutines opening separate files for eah process. When i go online with the PLc only the first page lader is working( i can force ON them)
My question is....
Do we have to call the subroutines in the main file (or first file) as we do in step7 microwin (siemens) ?
Please help

Thanks
chitra

If you are using RSlogix500 you need to add true rungs in Lad 2 with a JSR instruction for each SBR file number. Most people program them at the bottom of Ladder 2 which is the 1st file.

Last edited:
Hi Friends
I dont have experience in Allen Bradley Programming.
Right now i am doing a project in AB plc. We have different processes in the system i am programmin, like
DI water flushing cycle
Tank Filling cycle
filter change cyle
and so on...
i have done the programs for each in separate subroutines opening separate files for eah process. When i go online with the PLc only the first page lader is working( i can force ON them)
My question is....
Do we have to call the subroutines in the main file (or first file) as we do in step7 microwin (siemens) ?
Please help

Thanks
chitra

yes we have to call the subroutines in the main file then only it is included in scan cycle.

Hi
I have not done a lot on s7 but I would compare Ob 1 to the main
In Ab . From ob1 you. Would call ob's function blocks etc you
Jump to ladder files, structure tex, files with function block and sfc files
In Allen Bradley. You do not create db files in Ab you create a tag
File but u can create udt's.

Not sure if this helps

Donnchadh