Idec plc compatibility

lugaseng

HI

I had a idec micro3 FC2A-C16A4 controllong the bowthruster on my boat, unfortunately it got toast.

If i install a FC2A-C24A4 can i simply aupload the previous code used in the FC2A-C16A4 into it or do i have to edit it?:unsure:

Thanks

Welcome to the site
I have not programmed he IDEC range -
however I assume the 24 refers to the number of I/O
this being the case then you should be ok.
- Unless you need to tell the processor what it is in the program.
give it a go

HI yes the 24 refers to the input output range,

the Idec dealership suggested i install an idec micro smart pentra FC5a-C16r2c as a replacement, however its not compatible with the original code and i'm stuck with a new plc and no support from them.
The reason it doesn't work is that it doesn't have a multi stage comparison in the HSC1 (high speed counter).

From what i understand the multi stage comparison compares the input speeds from the engine and sets outputs Q0-Q3 on or off if it falls between range (800-1200 engine rpm)

Is there any way to achieve this using other program features in the plc such as cath input etc?

i'm a mechanical engineer and PLC's are new to me, we were only taught the basics of ladder symbols and layout at university. I find them interesting and have been trying to learn the coding, but some of the code is really starting to burns my brain.

Thanks

if IDEC dont want to support you and you have the room look at a different MFG. as you are comparing data on a HSC then the lower end PLC's may not be available to you.
However - I would suggest th Panasonic range because they are IEC61----
compattable and the software is a free download from the WEB - Also the use a USB cable to program.
At the end of the day - with no support from IDEC they will either come to the party or loose you as a customer.
There are many other PLC MFG's as others will mention -
Only some of these have free software
AB - 800,810,830,850 use CCW software - free download not bad to program
your call