Omron PLC to PLC pass theough

HJTRBO

Hi all,

Is it possible to program an Omron PLC remotely passing through another PLC?

I think the picture describes the question better... And if so, is it easy or complex to set up?

I have had very little exposure to Omron networking, so this seems like the perfect opportunity to learn a little more. However, it isn't as straight forward as I thought it would be! I am going through the manuals whilst posting this.

Aaahhh! Probably would have used CJ2M. Do you have Ethernet between all PLCs? If so, use EthernetIP data exchange - up to 8000 words in 2 memory areas with CS1 individual Ethernet cards - transfer what you want. Use Network Configurator For EthernetIP to set up automatic data transfer - by far the easiest way.
I generally use the Omron standard as well - 192.168.250.*** - easier at the end of the day.
There are also a heap of automatically generated bits for PLC offline, loss of comm s etecetera already built in for alarming.
Hope this helps.

Hi Bob,
Unfortunately this is an existing PLC network and part of a MUCH BIGGER picture, so little special class sparky suggesting to change IPs and network protocols in amongst the cage of 10 or so controls engineers on site wouldn't go down to well.
You know your s$%t BobB, so in a short answer, with the presented picture above, with its current configuration, is it possible to remotely online access the CJ2M from the workshop via the ETN21 on the CS1H???
I have read so many pages of info. I am going to defer my research till the weekend when the Mrs starts to make noise at home.

You should be able to create a routing table in both PLC's.
The routing table will assign Network numbers to the different network modules.
This will allow you to use the FINS (Omron protocol) to navigate to the CJ2M from the CS1 connection.

Here is a YouTube video showing how to create the routing table:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDYP-bUMzEg

Hope this will help.