Barcode GS1-128 (UCC/EAN-128)

xzen

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a scanner that reads barcode GS1-128. The reading is presented in a SIMATIC S7 PLC as one long string in a DB (DB15 in example). I need to break down or decode into individual segments represented by different Application Identifiers (AI). Is there some readymade function block for this? I picture something like this, with example AI 37, number of units extracted from the input string.

It is not possible to use fixed offset values, as the information in the barcodes varies with different products.

GS1-128 decode.PNG

Last edited:
I have a scanner that reads barcode GS1-128. The reading is presented in a SIMATIC S7 PLC as one long string in a DB (DB15 in example). I need to break down or decode into individual segments represented by different Application Identifiers (AI). Is there some readymade function block for this? I picture something like this, with example AI 37, number of units extracted from the input string.

It is not possible to use fixed offset values, as the information in the barcodes varies with different products.
share a useful guide with you, it is all about barcode generator and barcode reader, hope it is useful for you, good luck.

i have several years' experience in generating barcode, i think some turioals and articles might be helpful. you can google GS1-128 barcode, and some articles can be available. i can give you some if you need .

this is the tutorial of generating GS1-128 barcode , you can ,make it as reference and the tool if free for 30 days.

this is the barcode generator in c# and other formats, i think it might also be helpful

good luck.
does it support GS1-128 barcode reader,the site i know just has sth.to do with GS1-128 barcode generator
and besides,its barcode reader tool does not support GS1-128 or EAN-128

i have several years' experience in generating barcode, i think some turioals and articles might be helpful. you can google GS1-128 barcode, and some articles can be available. i can give you some if you need .

this is the tutorial of generating GS1-128 barcode , you can ,make it as reference and the tool if free for 30 days.

this is the barcode generator in c# and other formats, i think it might also be helpful

good luck.

What about the barcode reading part? There are some tutorial teaching how to use and integrate it, but terms are too professional. Would u please specify this part about reading barcode?

Last edited:
GS1-128 is an application standard of the GS1 implementation using the Code 128 barcode specification. GS1-128 uses a series of Application Identifiers to include additional data such as best before dates, batch numbers, quantities, weights and many other attributes needed by the user. As it is a so important barcode type in our daily life, thus, it is quite necessary to find and use a mature gs1-128 barcode creator.