S5 IM308B Upgrade

ThePortLion

Hi

I'm planning an upgrade from an S5 IM-308B profibus card to
an IM-308C.

I'm in the process of getting COM PROFIBUS software which
is used to configure the new IM-308C.

The IM-308B was configured using COM ET200 software and I have the hardware configuration file (.200 extension) but no COM ET200
software.

Obviously I need to know the original hardware configuration.

My query is, can i read this .200 file using COM PROFIBUS
or am I going to have to source ET200 software?
I believe is hard to come by.

Please post the 200-file, so will I see if I can shake some info out of it.

Kalle

Edit:
I am quite sure the ComProfibus cannot read your config file. And that you will need the .GSD/.GSE/or .200 type files for your profi slaves to be able to reconstruct the configuration file in ComProfibus.
And please check your p.m.

Last edited:
I got an error message when trying to open the file: 'Interner Fehler: Pufferlaenge nicht ausreichend'. Some buffer is too short. I can open other 200 files, but perhaps yours has a bigger configuration. ?

I'll have a look on the attic if my 1990' T5200 still is there, and if she is willing to spin up her old, squeeking Conner HD.

Kalle