ML1400 removing i/o faults ?

Jeff23spl

Hello is there a way to discard i/o faults when some I/O Modules are missing from the program.

Even if it is for testing purpose when you want to use just the plc and force inputs/outputs

Or when you want to send a programmed replacement plc to a customer and making it plug and play instead without a memorised fault or sending it in stop mode ?

Going from memory but if you double click on your I/O card in I/O config of RSLogix500 on the first tab on the bottom there is a place to check ignore missing card or something like that.

Hope that helps....If not, it was free and Happy Holidays.

Hello is there a way to discard i/o faults when some I/O Modules are missing from the program.

Even if it is for testing purpose when you want to use just the plc and force inputs/outputs

Yes, if Bob's advice doesn't pan out, research the RSLogix help file for slot disable system bits. I am not sure if they apply to the expandable Micrologix or not, but with the modular slc, this allows you to go to run mode with missing modules, like you said, allowing for testing with a real processor without faults.

Jeff23spl; said:
Or when you want to send a programmed replacement plc to a customer and making it plug and play instead without a memorised fault or sending it in stop mode ?

No.

Not unless the customer is able to set the system bits on power up back to functional again.

If you download it, and never put it in run mode, store it to memory, and then power it down, it hasn't been faulted. I believe it will go to run mode on subsequent power up...If the correct I/O is present and no faults exist this should be a clean start for s:6.

This advice comes from working with other micros and SLCs, I've no experience with the ML1400. I wonder if my micro starter lite edition has help for the whole line?

No.

Not unless the customer is able to set the system bits on power up back to functional again.

If you download it, and never put it in run mode, store it to memory, and then power it down, it hasn't been faulted. I believe it will go to run mode on subsequent power up...If the correct I/O is present and no faults exist this should be a clean start for s:6.

This advice comes from working with other micros and SLCs, I've no experience with the ML1400. I wonder if my micro starter lite edition has help for the whole line?

when i try that, the plc remain in program mode but stopped and doesn't start. At worst, i can explain to the customer how to use the mounted buttons and small lcp to make it in run mode...It will works but this is the kind of thing easy for us but not so easy for a plant operator or a local electrician

Going from memory but if you double click on your I/O card in I/O config of RSLogix500 on the first tab on the bottom there is a place to check ignore missing card or something like that.

Hope that helps....If not, it was free and Happy Holidays.

Wonderfull, it stay in run mode without faults
I had to check it for each modules while i was looking more for something in the plc option itself but it works just fine
''Ignore configuration error''

Do someone see any badside of doing this ? it's useless to have the whole process to freeze when just 1 input goest wrong

I/Os are critical to the functionality of any PLC control system.
Some of the newer generations of controllers are "ignoring the absence" of any configured I/O modules when it comes to their running state without any "user intervention".
Lower tier or legacy CPUs require the functional presence of all configured I/O modules at runtime; some provide the user option you have just used in order to maintain functionality if configured I/O modules are missing for various reasons.
There is no "badside of doing this"...You could uncheck the "Ignore..." option when the module will be present, or, completely delete in from the configuration if never going to be used.
An "input going wrong" will not fault the ML processor...A missing configured I/O module will (if not "ignored")