candid request!

Am very new in programming of PLCs, this have been a big challenge for me and my engineering practice,please assist me with things I need to do :cry:.
I am quite good in the conventional Relay/contactor wiring of control systems.
I need a mentor.
Thank you.
olu vincent

Not sure what you mean by a mentor, but people here gladly helps everyone who shows own efforts, and answers any questions, unless one starts asking questions before reading manuals.

welcome to the forum ... you've come to the right place ...

suggestion: give us a COMPLETE list of all of the hardware and software that you have available ... give specific catalog numbers please ...

the more we know about your situation - the more detailed we can make our answers ...

do you already have any projects that you've been working on - or are you starting from scratch? ... if you have anything already "in the works" then I recommend that you post your program and we'll see where we need to go from there ... (you'll have to zip your program file before posting it - forum rule) ...

Candid Request! ctd

Just look at my situation, I have ready and study PLC generally without any particular product, That means i have a general view of PLCS, SCADA and DCS.
2. laying my hands on OMRON product now,writing some little programs e.g for conveyor in packaging, motor controls etc.
using programme console to load the ladder program.

This is where I am,
Am just a beginner in programming. pls assist.here is my mail;
[email protected].

Program Console! - If possible I would suggest invest in a software and cable. - The learning curve will be much steeper then.

Anyway, you didn't mentioned what help you need. It will be very difficult for anybody to guide you without a specific topic.

Regards

Thank you Chavak,One of the reasons for joining this group is to learn from you guys.
whatever software you may think will be of advantage to me please be free to tell me , perhaps you can send me or give me links to get them.
I desire to learn fast and be fortified.

sergei,Thank you for your response, now I want to start from Omron and Allen bradley. What are the softwares would I need for these.And or, how can I source for them Please.

What are the softwares would I need for these?
Omron CX-Programmer, and Allen Bradley (Rockwell) RSLogix 500 software. Omron and Allen Bradley have Internet sites where you can find information on how to download free basic versions, or to purchase the more useful versions.

Each brand or manufacturer has many different models and versions of software, so you first have to decide which PLC is most suitable for your current use.

Allen Bradley RSLogix 500 free download:
http://www.ab.com/linked/programmablecontrol/plc/micrologix/downloads.html

Omron site:
http://www.omron-ap.com/product_info/CX-One/index.asp

_

Last edited: