A request about how to post images

drbitboy

Lifetime Supporting Member
I know it is fairly simple to post a screenshot, but many of us have large screens, so perhaps y'all could take the time to trim those screenshots a bit horizontally, so instead of looking like the image in this post, which has about an acre of empty space between the inputs on the left and the outputs on the right, you spend less than a minute cutting, pasting, and cropping to make it look like the image below.

It's a small thing, and I am certainly not going to berate anyone who may be too pressed for time to even do that, but it does make it easier for others to read.
LadderRungs.png

Yes I agree, what I try to do is copy & trim into paint then if I can do the same again, I also sometimes change the view so it fits well without making it too small to read, also hate those screen shots taken by a phone, they tend to be low quality, & the moire pattern you get is awful.

I'm guilty of too wide screenshots, but I do try to narrow out any white space like that.

I don't like where the text of the post goes off-screen and I have to scroll horizontally back and forth to read it. Too bad the forum server can't auto-fit images to the standard width, then click on them to open the full size image if needed.

My main monitor is 4K and taking a screenshot and looking at it everything looks OK, but when posted it's twice as wide as my monitor suddenly. Going to have to start taking the screenshot, then opening it and reducing the image size, but not so small that it can't be read.