Melsecnet and GOT Displays

pawelleg

Hello !

I need some help !!!

I have problem with correct parametrization between Melsecnet QJ71BR11 module and two displays A975GOT connected by interface J17BR13.
How such system should be parametrized, somebody maybe know it? I have comunication between Displays and Melsecnet module but i cannot see any signal from PLC on it!?
I check several times, range of LB, driver of display, all looks ok but maybe any suggestion?

Best Regards

Pawel S.

Some more details please

I have not used the GOT Melsecnet unit before, but I know about Melsecnet so perhaps I can help.

You say the communication between the PLC and the GOT is working. So the LEDs on the network unit show normal operation? If there is normal operation of the network unit, then perhaps the network refresh settings are incorrect.

Could you tell us what the network parameter settings in the PLC are? And also what the switch settings are, on the GOT network unit?

Please ignore my previous post

Melsecnet has several ways to communicate, including cyclic and transient communications. Cyclic communications is often used for PLC to PLC communications using LB (link devices) and LW (link registers).
Transient communication doesn't use LB or LW, instead read and write commands are used.

Transient communication appears to be what is used by the GOT network unit. Therefore, no refresh parameters or Link address parameters need to be set up in the PLC (as far as I can tell). Also, because transient communication is used, the GOT can read M, X, Y, D, L devices and so on. This is probably why you can't find PLC settings information in the manuals (no settings are required).

Anyway, check those LEDs on the GOT network unit and be certain the correct driver is downloaded to the GOT (there is more than one for the same network unit, the difference is the type of PLC connected).

I was also trying with default settings - without LB/LW and refresh parameters but still not working.
What do you think about "device" setting in GT Designer, should i set network parameters or may i leave host?

Sorry

When I said GOT network unit switch setting, I was meaning the hardware switch settings for the QJ71BR13. On the QJ71BR13 network unit that is plugged into the GOT, there are some selectors for mode number, station number, group number and network number. What numbers are these switches set to? Also what are the LEDs on the QJ71BR13 network unit doing?

:)

hi ushidayo !

Of course you meant switches on interface module, i am sorry it is probably i was thinking rather about configuration fault not hardware setting, i checked it few times today once again and it is ok because i have communication between PLC<>GOT but i cannot see any signal status on display.
Networ - 1
Group - 0
Station no. - 2 and 3
Mode - 0

today i change this informatin in GT Designer about host - i set network parameter and it is working now !!! BUT still have no acces to "L" flags, i can see "M", "D", "X", but "L" - no ?! why ? i have no idea, maybe here any suggestion

Best Regards

Pawel S.

Well, if you really need to see the status of the latch relays and the GOT doesn't read them. Why not just have the L's turn on M's? Simple enough.
:D

this is exactly what i am doing now, but i thought that it is better to configur system in right way and don't change software.

Best Regards

Pawel S.