how to download rs linx classic ver 5.29

The "lite" version of RSLinx Classic is provided at no charge as an accessory to editing software, and always has been.

But the software download servers at RA have changed, and this must be new in the past several months. You used to select the software you wanted and then go through authentication, and the free software skipped the authentication process.

Now you have to authenticate first: https://download.rockwellautomation.com/webupdates/enter.aspx

I know that RSLinx Classic version 2.57 is available for free download via the MicroLogix section of the AB.COM website.

http://www.ab.com/linked/programmablecontrol/plc/micrologix/downloads.html

If miteshblad specifically needs version 2.59 and does not have a TechConnect contract, he will have to contact Rockwell Automation's regional office in the UAE.

Last edited:
There must be two doors into this particular building.

Thanks for the link to the "Find Downloads" section, Mickey !

There must be two doors into this particular building.

Thanks for the link to the "Find Downloads" section, Mickey !

Credit goes to dmargineau in post #3 of this thread.

When I posted it , I forgot where I got it from. Lo and behold it was from this thread.

Last edited:
I apologize if I jumped the gun. Maybe I miss interpreted the question. I happened to be scrolling on another site where there was a plethora of wanting links to free download of licenses products. My Apology if I interpreted it in the wrong Manner