PLC programming for rotating concreate mixture machine?

hazrasish

What will be the programming for rotating concreate mixture machine having two Limit Switch LS1 and LS2 for Left hand and Right hand side respectevely. Please guys its very urgent;;;;

dear hazrasish,
welcome to forum
if you need the help correct your question....explain ur problem like which plc u r using...and what have u done so far....where u stuck.....

dear hazrasish,
welcome to forum
if you need the help correct your question....explain ur problem like which plc u r using...and what have u done so far....where u stuck.....
I am just learning PLC.So I just need the ladder diagram of the problem.The problem is there is two Limit switch LS1 and LS2. When the machine starts running it reach upto LS1 and turns back towards LS2. The same continues still it completes 20 cycle.After that one bulb will giving indication that the process is completed and after 10 sec the process restart if STOP switch is not pressed.

Ladder diagram for rotating concreate mixture machine?

I am just learning PLC.So I just need the ladder diagram of the problem.What will be the ladder diagram for a rotating concreate mixture machine having two Limit Switch LS1 and LS2 for Left hand and Right hand side respectevely. Please guys its very urgent. The problem is there is two Limit switch LS1 and LS2. When the machine starts running it reach upto LS1 and turns back towards LS2. The same continues still it completes 20 cycle.After that one bulb will giving indication that the process is completed and after 10 sec the process restart if STOP switch is not pressed.

Hi

I don't think there is anyone here that will do all your work for you but all are glad to help out.
So first what plc are you using, and post what you have tried first and lets see what effort you have made

Donnchadh

The same continues still it completes 20 cycle.
EDIT: First add the STOP pushbutton switch. (Please, this is URGENT!) Then add an output for your Concrete Mixer Motor. Then I would suggest that you use a Counter to count up to 20 each time one of the switches closes. Then add a 10-second timer. Now wire it all together to make a working machine!

EDIT: First add the STOP pushbutton switch. (Please, this is URGENT!) Then add an output for your Concrete Mixer Motor. Then I would suggest that you use a Counter to count up to 20 each time one of the switches closes. Then add a 10-second timer. Now wire it all together to make a working machine!

i like how this tells him what to do, but doesnt do it all for him.

if you need this done urgently, you either need to dive into it and try to figure it out, or hire someone that will do it for you. you cant expect someone to do it all for you. you will not learn anything expecting someone to give you the code. if you need help getting started, i suggest google, plcs.net. and also Ron Beauforts Youtube videos. then give it a try and then post it on here if you still are having problems.

it looks like you have 3 inputs (LS1, LS2, & STOP PB) and 3 outputs (Motor Clockwise, Motor Counterclockwise, & light bulb for cycle complete) you also have a counter to count up to 20 cycles. and you also have a 10sec timer to start the cyle over again if stop is not pushed.

now what you need to do is figure out the sequence. write out what happens first, then what happens next, and so on till it repeats itself. and then you can take this and start writing the code step by step.

Last edited:
...(Motor Clockwise, Motor Counterclockwise, ...
Good call, DW. I did not figure that one out from the poor English. "Reaching up and turning back" somehow did not cause the light bulb in my head to go on. :oops:

What functions do the Right Hand and Left Hand Limit Switches perform? Is this mixer some type of paddle that does not revole or rotate but moves from side to side?

Don't you love how they start in the middle with a description, leaving out all the important details like brand and model number and voltage level and type of switches, but adding in a lot of garbage words?

Reading hazrasish's words, you get the idea that the heart of this machine is the two limit switches. The important things such as the motive force doing the work (motor? cows walking on a treadmill? hand crank?) is not even mentioned.

Last edited:
Good call, DW. I did not figure that one out from the poor English. "Reaching up and turning back" somehow did not cause the light bulb in my head to go on. :oops:

maybe i am just assuming too much. but if he is trying to automate it, i would assume it is motor driven and not cow driven haha.

i have worked with a few people now whose english is broken. i try not to get frustrated to fast with them and rather figure out what they mean. sometimes they have some awesome ideas, just dont know how to explain it to you.

i just realized. this conctrete mixer reminds me of a washing machine, agitaing the load it is washing. lol

i would assume it is motor driven and not cow driven haha.
Always consider the location and the local environment, not meant to insult anyone's national pride. I once worked on a wood-fired electric generator in the lowland jungle of Costa Rica. We had to build a hand-cranked wood chip screener to use on site.

The point I meant was that beginners often focus on the PLC inputs, the switches, sensors, and controls. They tend to forget that it is the PLC outputs that do the work, perform the actions, and should be determined and listed FIRST. Without knowing what outputs are available to work with, all the LS1s and LS2s in the world will not allow anyone to start up a concrete mixer.

Last edited:
Always consider the location and the local environment, not meant to insult anyone's national pride. I once worked on a wood-fired electric generator in the lowland jungle of Costa Rica. We had to build a hand-cranked wood chip screener to use on site.

The point I meant was that beginners often focus on the PLC inputs, the switches, sensors, and controls. They tend to forget that it is the PLC outputs that do the work, perform the actions, and should be determined and listed FIRST. Without knowing what outputs are available to work with, all the LS1s and LS2s in the world will not allow anyone to start up a concrete mixer.

fair enough. i apologize for assuming

i do agree with you tho

Efficient Logic: Start with "The Solution" then Work Backwards.

I think that a very efficient logic-solving method is to start with The Solution, then work backwards to include the necessary control inputs.

If it is a motor, put in the output or logic to make it run. Now that you have a method to run the motor, how do you stop it? Now that you can stop it, how do you start it up? What control switches will make it run at the right times?

Starting with The Solution (the PLC outputs) leads back to all the other things that must be done, all the way up to the final logic.

Last edited: