Lenze 8200 Lecom A/B

ktmtragic

I have a customer with a washing machine that is using a control system that communicates with a Lenze 8200 drive via Lecom AB. As the replacement cost of the drive is enormous.:mad: I would like to use a Toshiba drive instead. From what I can see it appears that the drive is in slave mode only, as the drive is dead and the machine goes through all functions as normal. (except the machine does not turn)
How hard would it be to connect to a Toshiba drive via RS232
Thanks

Are you sure that the drive is dead?
The first test is of course to start the drive in manual with local panel or wired to see if the drive is dead.

This thread is about the wiring to make the drive to run.
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=76815

A pity if only the communication module is dead ~ 200 euro

I found the manual provides information about the protocol, maybe it can help you
http://src.lenze.com/lenze-bibliothek/en/C1%20-%20Industrial%20Communication/C17%20-%20LECOM/BA_EMF2102IB_LECOM%20RS232-RS485%20optical%20fibre%20AIF_v2-0_EN.pdf

Lenze

Thanks for the reply.
I have repaired the drive about 2 years ago. This time the PCB is blown. This unit looks beyond repair:mad: