Unity Pro XL assembly instance reading problem

oxykill

Hi there everyone,

I`m currently working on a Toshiba drive with ASD-G9ETH communication card on it, this drive is linked on our network.

So, i`m able to read one by one register (and write also), but i need to retreive command and status word.

In the provided documentation the always talk about assembly instance, it show an exemple with RSLogix, but I can`t understand how to make it work with my unity program

http://www.toshiba.com/ind/data/tag_files/Ethernet Card ASD-G9ETH Manual_3916.pdf

Page 71 - 72

Thanks for helping :)

I had a look at the user manual and I couldn't find page 71-72, and searching for 'assembly' in this document gave me no hits...

Is this the correct manual? The manual you provided shows only support for explicit messaging, either UCMM or Class 3 (connected), and the use of assembly instances is best reserved for Class 1 or I/O communications. I can describe ways to get data through EtherNet/IP with the given user manual (actually - I would suggest moving to ModbusTCP in this case because as far as I can tell, from Rockwell's data access guide, the data_table_read service is vendor specific) but since you mention assembly instances you are hopefully using Class 1 communications, which is MUCH easier and can be preferable to ModbusTCP if available and is more general so not vendor specific.

Which platform are you on: M340, Premium, or Quantum, and which Ethernet device do you have?

Sorry, wrong document :

http://www.toshiba.com/ind/data/tag_files/ASD-G9ETH_Operation_Manual_4749.pdf

I finally found my problem, i'm not able to use assembly, so I communicate with the device with command word (parameter 1007 - 1008).

I'm on TSX premium PLC, just needed to configure I/O scanning on my drive ip adress, then write 1007 - 1008 register and it's work !

Thanks

Thread Close, everything working fine :)

If you had a TSX ETC 101 Ethernet module for the Premium platform then you could use EtherNet/IP and the Class 1 communications that are listed in this user manual. I assume you went ModbusTCP with IOScanner... and it works... so all is good.

This module would do both EtherNet/IP and ModbusTCP with IOScanner so is dual-protocol capable. However, the other ones (embedded port or ETY family) are ModbusTCP only, so I suspect you have one of those.