Redlion G308 to Adams-6050

Jezz

HI All,
I've got a redlion G308 connected to the network and communicating with a Adam-6050 over modbus TCP my only problem is I need the G308 to alarm if it loses the network or coms to the Adam is there an easy way to do this?
I've tried a bit flip flopping on the adams and being set high on the G308 ,then if it stays high it triggers an alarm on the G308 but that seems to hang up some times.

Thanks in advance

HI All,
I've got a redlion G308 connected to the network and communicating with a Adam-6050 over modbus TCP my only problem is I need the G308 to alarm if it loses the network or coms to the Adam is there an easy way to do this?
I've tried a bit flip flopping on the adams and being set high on the G308 ,then if it stays high it triggers an alarm on the G308 but that seems to hang up some times.

Thanks in advance

The G3xx stuff monitors comms and can tell you if there is an issue. Then you can alarm on the status.

Let's assume you gave the device the name ADAM01 when you configured the comms.

1. Create a tag and make its source IsDeviceOnline(ADAM01).
2. Make Alarm 1 Data Match
3. Make the Value 0
4. Make the Event Name something like "ADAM Module Offline."
5. Make it a Level Triggered Alarm
6. Probably put at least 1000 Delay or maybe even more.

There are more complicated ways to do this, but this meets the requirements you listed.

There is a system variable in Crimson called CommsError that indicates the communication status of each device. I've never used it but it might be what you're looking for. It's on page 215 of the Reference Manual.

There is a system variable in Crimson called CommsError that indicates the communication status of each device. I've never used it but it might be what you're looking for. It's on page 215 of the Reference Manual.

CommsError requires you to bit pick and also requires you to know the Device Number of the device. This isn't a problem, but the IsDeviceOnline function allows you to use the Name of the device (as well as the device number if you choose).

Thanks for the replies IsDeviceOnLine is just what I was looking for (don't know how I missed it in the manual)šŸ™ƒ