Control Logix

mcannon

I need help....Please!!! I have a Control Logix processor and two plc5 remote chasis. I was having a issue with my outputs dropping out so I checked the box in the RIO card properties to give a major fault if I lost communication. I have cleared the fault but now I cant get my outputs back on. All of the output cards are dead(active light is not on). The remote cards on the plc5 racks have the active light flashing. From what I have read the scanner module is holding the adapter module in fault mode. I am not showing a fault anywhere, that I have seen anyway....Thanks

Well a major fault in the CLX needs to be cleared and the CLX put back into the run mode. Did you do this? Is the run light on in the CLX?

There are different selections for fault recovery on PLC5 Remote I/O adapters. Cycling the power on the remote chassis should clear a RIO fault, regardless of whether the local reset option via pushbutton closure is selected.