Migrating PLC 2/30 to control logix

srv

Hi,

Can we migrate PLC-2 system to control logix.I have a PLC-2/30 PLC and its IOs and now I need to migrate it to control logix.When I tried to use integrated architecture builder (IAB,I could not find any option there.Can we convert PLC-2 program direct to rs logix 5000.Anybody please advice me.

It would be far easier to hand enter it rather than convert. There's a huge difference between the 2/30 and Contrologix - but in a good way! Conversions don't really do what you need between the two systems.

Program size in the 2/30 should be fairly small (!), and you will learn much more about Contrologix this way.

is there any option(hardware) to use same IO wiring same like we can use with PLC 5 to control logix migration

The PLC 2/30 used the 1771 family IO, so you could use it with the 1756-DHRIO module. But why not update the IO to current equipment?

The PLC 2/30 used the 1771 family IO, so you could use it with the 1756-DHRIO module. But why not update the IO to current equipment?

I mean is there any conversion module,adapter plate and cables available for PLC 2 to control logix conversion same as PLC 5 to control logix do ?.Is it same for both PLC2 and PLC 5 ?

in order to convert plc2 to logix 5000 you have 2 options that i know of.

#1 convert plc2 program to plc5 and then to logix 5000.
#2 code it from scratch.

the plc2 to plc5 conversion requires a little work due.
i converted a plc2 program a long time ago in less than a day.

regards,
james

How we can convert PLC-2 program to PLC-5.For PLC-2 and PLC-5,programming language is RS logix5 right?

This is where it gets expensive...:D
Development on PLC2/PLC3 platforms uses the DOS based 6200 software; RSLogix 5 is being used with PLC5 systems only...
PLC2 to PLC5 conversion, to my knowledge, is exclusively "hard labor", rung after rung...o_O
Last I checked, each license costs upstream of $6000...:mad:

There was a PLC2-PLC5 converter made by ICOM before it was bought by ROckwell and turned into Rockwell Software. But it might just be a lot easier to do the conversion manually. Especially since you're going to ControlLogix. I wouldn't want code that has been converted twice!

Thanks.Just in case if we are going to make a new program for control logix based on PLC-2 program,the existing PLC2 is communicating to a panel view 1000 e through DH+ network.Do we need to configure panel view 1000 e program to communicate with the new control logix PLC.what we need to do with control logix processor to communicate over DH+ network.

You need a 1756-DHRIO module with one of the channels configured for DH+, and the module itself set for the Default Slot number equal to the controller slot number.

The ControlLogix has a "Map PLC/SLC Data Tables" feature that allows you to designate one INT[x] array tag as the PLC-2 emulation data table. The PanelView 'e' can read and write the existing data table addresses over DH+ using this mechanism.

If it were me, I would upgrade the PanelView application as well, either converting it to PanelView Plus or another HMI system.

The ControlLogix has a "Map PLC/SLC Data Tables" feature that allows you to designate one INT[x] array tag as the PLC-2 emulation data table. The PanelView 'e' can read and write the existing data table addresses over DH+ using this mechanism.

Thanks Ken.So we need to look the panel view program for the addresses that used for read/write.right?