How to create Report in WinCC

swapnil.naik

Namaste,

I wan to generate Report on WinCC for specific tags, Where i can log data every 2 mins and later print the report depending on selection of day for Hour or shift.

Can anybody guide me with that. I am quite conversant with WinCC but never had opportunity to make reports.

Please guide.

Dhanyavad ( Thank You )🍻

Last edited:
question, does those specific tags that you want to have a report has trends?

because you can use the trended tags to get the report in excel or use the wincc online table control and save it as .csv file.

What if Yes ? and What if No ? ..... Well Christein its not any Project i am working on that requires reporting but just upgrading my skills in spare time since i never worked on Reports i took it as a challange for my self and required expert advice of people like you to succeed....

Thank You for your reply !!! :)

Last edited:
Prashant, I doubt how much Siemens System House wil support unless they have order !

Anyway just i case u have any documentation that u can provide. I have Some knowlege of VB and MS Access.

Hi Swapnil,

If you have an OPC server, give XLReporter a try. You can poll and store data from WinCC and generate Excel reports from it automatically and interactively. You design your templates in Excel, using all the formatting and formula you know.

Here is how you can connect XLReporter to WinCC.

Evaluation version is available from here.

If you prefer to have your data stored elsewhere but an Excel sheet, please read this.

Hope this helps.

Bill

Dear Swapnil,
You can write script for logging data in excel and then as per date or shift selected you can write query for the same for retrieval. If you connect the excel data with Access then you can get direct print out of the report (report format/ layout need to be made in access). It work fine as i have tested in one of my project where data were logged shift wise.

Regards,
Aditya Rao