help needed with dde/excel

We have upgraded our plc to cs1 65h-h from c200hs and using cx-programmer versus syswin 3.4. With the upgrade i realized that i could use cx-server dde manager to monitor through an excel worksheet almost anything that i could think of. The plc programming matrix is quite complete, using the E0 and E1 banks as retention areas. So far, my excel worksheet reflects the mill's production in real time through predefined hours, which i then move to be analyzed. I began entering dde points in order to show data every hours from 0700 to 1700 and to demonstrate how the mill's production was developping. Then i realized that it was time consuming and was greatly slowing down my computer (speed of comm between terminal and plc). I just know enough in excel to make it nice and clean, and dont know anything about excel' macros. I am looking for excel examples that would move every hours the data collected in predefined columns, or a way to enter a range of points at once (from E1_000 to E1_200) and so forth through cx-server dde manager.

Last edited: