Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,

Drive:
Allen Bradley 160 SSC Preset
160-AA04PPS1
Ser B
200-240V 1HP

DeviceNet 160-DN2, SER A

Which of the many EDS files do I need? There are so many?

There seems to be 24 EDS files on the AB Website. It is difficult to understand which one if any I should get. I know that the DN2 has the ability to create its own EDS from what I have read.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,

Here are a couple of pics of each device. Well one is the box....

160_DN2.png 160_SSC Drive.jpg

Honestly, after numerous attempts to pick the "right" .eds for the device at-hand, especially when related to legacy hardware on DeviceNet, I have taken the habit of registering of all available .eds files for the given device's electical ratings; even this approach is not quite 100% successful, however it sure beats trying to find the unique "right one"; the files are merely a few KB in size and in case I need to replace the device with a different firmware one, chances are that the .eds is already registered.

sthompson, Yes, I am using RSNetWorks for DeviceNet.

dmargineau, You are correct, I usually do exactly the same thing. I have a USB stick that I have as many ESD files as they have on the Rockwell site for what the products I program.

Anyway, I just wanted to know why they have so many eds files and what the differenced were on all of them for the DeviceNet 160-DN2, SER A.

I hope someone knows and can enlighten me on this..

Thank you for your responses..

I believe that there actually were that many "types" of 160-DN2, SER A produced devices...Rockwell Automation never ceases to surprise me...:eek:
Compare the .txt format of the .eds files and the "differences" are obvious...o_O