CLX unable to edit

Soggy Canuck

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a CLX L43 Rev. 15.7 processor that I installed about 6 years ago, the system includes a pair of ENBT's. One of which is dedicated to servicing 6 1794 AENT/A modules and messaging to a SLC 5/05. The other is talking to Wonderware.

I have gone in on numerous occasions and done online editing on this system in the past, with no problems.

I was in about a week ago and added a pair of sensors to the system. When I went online I edited the description on one of the controller tags. It seemed a little sluggish but accepted the change.

When I went to the routine that I wanted to edit it would show that the rung I wanted to edit was in online edit mode, but when I tried to change the tag attached to a specific bit the draw-down menu is inert. The tag descriptor shows in the draw down box but clicking on the draw-down arrow/button will not bring up the UDT listings.

I have tried doing this off-line with the same problem. I have rebooted the software, rebooted the laptop, stripped and reloaded the CLX software. What silly thing have I (done/not done)?

Running CLX V15.02 on WinXP-Pro SP3

A screen shot of the ladder couldn't hurt here, but after you double click on the rung to make your edit, are you able to change the tag text by manually typing it in? If it's not showing up in the drop-down menu, perhaps you are in Program scope, rather than Controller scope.

I am unsure how to switch between controller scope/Program scope...seeing as how all my tags are registered in controller scope it would be an interesting thing to check.

The second point raised... when I double click on the line of code to begin editing I do get the ascii mnemonics showing at the top. Until I try and pick an item on the line to edit. The mnemonics line gets highlighted (all of it) and I am frozen out from that point.

Alternatively, if I just select an individual tag on a line without pre-selecting edit mode I get the drawdown menu for changing to a different tag and again get frozen out.

By Frozen out I mean the only way to close the drawdown menu is to close the entire project.

PS. Just loaded CLX onto a second laptop (Same OS as the first) SAME PROBLEM!

I don't have XML format available, acd or L5K only(running V15.02). I tried saving as L5K and reopening.....same problem. I'm beginning to think that MS windoze has done something to the program underpinnings (C++ maybe?) in one of their interminable security patches.

I would appreciate that.

I was holding off on the inevitable OS upgrade... I suspect that I may have just hit the MS gotcha wall.

Make sure you have up-to-date graphics drivers on your PC.

Similar strange things have been cured by updating graphics drivers.