FTV SE Communication Alarms

That depends on your OPC server.
If you are using AB, and RSLinx Classic, there is a predefined item for each topic "@IsPresent". Other classic predefined items are "@Mode", "@Status", and others. Look up "Predefined Items" in the RSLinx classic help.

If you are using AB and RSLinx Enterprise have all the ones listed in classic, as a lot more, including "@PacketsPerSecond", and "@WriteCompleteFailure", which are very handy. There are others in RSLE, you can find them by opening up the RSLinx Enterprise properties box in Studio, hitting help, and searching index again on Predefined items.

Other OPC Servers should have similar items. Once you decide what you want to use, just make them into HMI tags and alarm appropriately on them. You can even use them in FT Alarms and Events.