15 IO Modules

System 2
1756-L73 Controllogix
1756-EN2TR

I want to remove the 1769-L35E and use the compact logic IO
as Ethernet Remote IO on the Controllogix System

Is it posible and how would you do it.
Thanks

It is possible, but I would leave the L35e in the CompactLogix rack to be master over the IO but slave of the ControlLogix.
I'm sure that you could find sample information in the ControlLogix manual how to perform this.

Jack

System 1
1769-L35E with built in Ethernet Port
15 IO Modules

System 2
1756-L73 Controllogix
1756-EN2TR

I want to remove the 1769-L35E and use the compact logic IO
as Ethernet Remote IO on the Controllogix System

Is it posible and how would you do it.
Thanks

I am afraid this is not possible.
Theoretically, you will need a "1769 EtherNet/IP communications Module" to serve as the 1769 I/O "Adapter"; it might be in the "works", however, as we "speak", the only way to control 1769 hardware is via 1769-CompactLogix CPU and 1769 Backplane.
So your 1769-L35E will have to stay and serve as the EtherNet/IP interface with the 1756-EN2TR subnet.
Once the L35E and L73 are "connected" and the relevant 1769 I/O modules are part of the L73 project, you could use the L35 Inputs and "listen" to the Outputs within your L73 application.
You will not be able to "own" the L35E Outputs; in order to control the CompactLogix Outputs you will have to Produce a L73 Array Tag, Consume it within the L35E application and ladder logic "relate" the Consumed tag to the 1769 Outputs hardware defined tags.

Last edited: