Danfoss parameter details

Steve Bailey

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
The boondocks of Western Massachusetts USA
I need to make some parameter changes to a Danfoss FC300 drive. I'm not sure which ones I'll need to change. I have the manual, but it only gives a list of the parameters with very little detail about what they do. The "Info" button on the drive keypad has a better description, but the drive is in a closed cabinet and they need to run, so I can't be reading through those help files to figure out the best approach. Does anyone know if there a manual with a complete description of the parameters?

Failing that, here's what I need to do. The drive gets a 4 - 20 mA speeed reference from the PLC. The operator can enter the speed from the HMI over a range of zero to 100 percent in steps of one percent. The customer would like a finer step size, but they don't have the software to modify the HMI. Since they only operate over a range of about 25 to 40 Hz I thought I could tinker with minimum and maximum speed settings so that 4 mA commands a 25 Hz speed and 20 mA commands 40 Hz. I tried changing parameters 3-02 and 3-03 but that didn't work out as I thought it would have.

I need to make some parameter changes to a Danfoss FC300 drive. I'm not sure which ones I'll need to change. I have the manual, but it only gives a list of the parameters with very little detail about what they do. The "Info" button on the drive keypad has a better description, but the drive is in a closed cabinet and they need to run, so I can't be reading through those help files to figure out the best approach. Does anyone know if there a manual with a complete description of the parameters?

Failing that, here's what I need to do. The drive gets a 4 - 20 mA speeed reference from the PLC. The operator can enter the speed from the HMI over a range of zero to 100 percent in steps of one percent. The customer would like a finer step size, but they don't have the software to modify the HMI. Since they only operate over a range of about 25 to 40 Hz I thought I could tinker with minimum and maximum speed settings so that 4 mA commands a 25 Hz speed and 20 mA commands 40 Hz. I tried changing parameters 3-02 and 3-03 but that didn't work out as I thought it would have.

Steve, on the danfoss http://www.danfoss.com/BusinessAreas/DrivesSolutions/Documentations/VLT+Technical+Documentation.htm site search for lit no. mg33mg02 this is the programming manual for the fc300.

(...) The drive gets a 4 - 20 mA speeed reference from the PLC. (...)
there might be a problem if there. with changing the params on FC you would create a confusion between what FC gets for reference, and what PLC thinks it gives to it. i.e. let's say that it is now 4-20mA = 0-50Hz. Then 12mA = 25Hz. With new span when PLC would have to give 25 Hz it would output 12mA and FC would interpret this as 32,5 Hz.

here might be a problem if there. with changing the params on FC you would create a confusion between what FC gets for reference, and what PLC thinks it gives to it. i.e. let's say that it is now 4-20mA = 0-50Hz. Then 12mA = 25Hz. With new span when PLC would have to give 25 Hz it would output 12mA and FC would interpret this as 32,5 Hz.
I think that is is desired intent, to improve the resolution. He just struggled with the min/max values

Lostcontrol is right!

When working with the analog input you need to adjust Par. 6-14 and 6-15 (for AI53), for the effect Steve is after.

When running bus control it would be Par. 3-02 and 3-03.

Michal_dk

drive control

Why did you have to use the analog input? can you just use the com port? You'll be able to modify value by sending speed command
without using the analog input (a bit harder tu configure but you'll be able to have more precision)

Thank you for the suggestions. I will try parameters 6-14 and 6-15 later today.

Dag82, we don't have the software to make any modifications to the PLC program or to the HMI. At this point the only tool available is modification of the drive parameters