AB Panelviews 1000

Grizzly

My company currently has 2 PV1000's. To be more exatct CAT# 2711-T10G8. FRN 4.46. I have experince with the AB products as far as the plc's. Can I/we upgrade this old touchscreen to say a PV1000 2711-T10C using the same program ie: *.pba/*.pva with little or no problems. We are experincing problem's with current Panelview. I have read a lot of evrybodys threads just to be able to talk to these panelviewsw and you have been a great help and got me up and going. I am using PanelBuilder 32 ver. 3.81:confused: Thanks in advance for any assistance that may come our way.

Well all the standard PVs are obsolete. The direct replacements are the PanelView Plus. They are programmed with FT Studio or FT Studio ME. ME is just for ME apps such as PV Plus or ME station which runs on a PC. The Studio program can import a .PVA file and convert it to a PV Plus. A little cleanup might be necessary and also depend on your communication method.

Panelview Plus and +6's looks great but bosses do not want to go there yet. If I am reading this correctly the FT Studio or FT ME is not backward compatable with the older PV's. Correct? Just recently got my hands on PB32 3.81 to work on these.
Have been looking at the Automation Direct C-More panels too. Any experience with these, good/bad/indiffence?

Your basic question was "can I migrate an application from a Grayscale to a Color unit within PanelBuilder32".

The simple answer is "yes". You just change the Terminal Type in PanelBuilder32, and the software will ask for four colors to match the existing four grayscale colors. You can keep the same (black, white, gray, light gray) and the application will look identical.

You are correct that FactoryTalk View and PanelView Plus are a totally different product from the PanelView Standard; you can convert/migrate an old application into the basis for a new one, but you can't use the new software on the old platform.

Some users here on the Forum love the C-More terminals. I personally won't use them.

Because you are using DH+ networking, Allen-Bradley is one of the few vendors who does provide native DH+ networking.

well, in just a few replies we have got our questions answered. We will let the higher ups know and then they can make their decision. Ken/Mickey thanks for your info it was enlighting. Thanks a great deal.