CAN Bus Encoder on CompactLogix

'CAN Bus' is a general term; are you using DeviceNet, or CANOpen, or some other CAN protocol ?

CompactLogix has no built-in CAN port, so you'll need a 'scanner card' for whatever protocol you are using.

I recently saw a presentation on some EtherNet/IP encoders that can be used with ControlLogix or CompactLogix motion control as auxiliary axes. Pretty neat !

Thanks for the reply. The issue is I am upgrading a machine which currently has 4 MTS CAN Bus encoders which are wired to a Moog rack. We are replacing the Moog valve with Rexroth and need the ecoder values in the compactlogix processor. I found an Anybus converter that may work but not sure.

I guess I wan't totally clear. The machine has Can Bus encoders on it currently.
I do not want to replace the encoders. If I did replace them I would use DeviceNet encoders.