HMI input

aq_plc

Hi,

I'm pretty new to HMI programmation, I've done a few basic one but now I would like to program a more complex interface.

I'm using FactoryTalk and I would like to know if there's a way to be able to get the touched position coordinated.

For example, if the user touch the upper left coner I can get one or more variable to have 0,0..:unsure:

Thanks a lot.

The only FactoryTalk View objects I can think of that feed back the position of a pointer are the Horizontal and Vertical Slider objects.

I don't think there is a way to get the centerpoint of the touchscreen action into an HMI tag or function. The position of the 'pointer' and the detection of taps, double-taps, stuck cells, and calibration are all operating-system level functions.

What sort of function do you have in mind where it would be useful to know the touchscreen co-ordinates ?

Thanks taking the time for replying me.

I would like to get a HMI for the operator to give a "path" to a coloration robot.

I would like to load the picture of a part and then the operator will give the path, point by point, to the robot's controller.

This will allow the operator to add "recipe" to the program.

The controller will then take a recipe, random, to make different parts..

Any suggestion?

Thanks!
aq_plc