1785-ENET Loses Config

dabomb4097

I have a PLC5/30 with a 1785-ENET sidecar. Occasionally if I turn power off to the rack for more than a few seconds, the ENET sidecar forgets its IP configuration and I have to go plug into DH+ to go online and reconfigure it.

The CPU has a good battery and it maintains the ladder program just fine during the power off. IP's are statically assigned, its a small private network for the controllers with no BOOTP/DHCP services available. Is there another backup battery inside the ENET sidecar that might need to be replaced? There's no mention if it in the manual, if there is.

Similar Topics

We have many sites with PLC-5s and 1785-ENET sidecars that are being pounded pretty hard by the GE IGS driver (Kepware) and iFIX/Historian...
Replies
Views
I have a plc 5 with a 1785 ENET card. I'm getting a flashing red stat light. Reading the manual I see its a dual port system call failed. How...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I'm currently trying to configure a 1785-ENET/B module. It is attached to a PLC5/30. When trying to configure it from within rslogix, I...
Replies
Views
I've just changed the IP address for PLC 5/40 with 1785 ENET but I found somethin wrong on RSLinx classic. Last IP is 172.26.52.1 and the new IP...
Replies
Views
we are having issues with communications with one of our machines. we have 4 machines, and only one of them is losing communications. w are not...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom