How to use Plant PAx AOIs

shills

Does anyone have any sample code they have used for instances of the PlantPAx AOIs? The PDFs for the instructions tell you what each instruction does but not how to implement them, or why you should use certain, minimally required parameters. What I mean by this is simply: What are the best practices to follow (application independent!) when using the PlantPAx AOIs?

I am not a new programmer. I have used the PIDE instruction quite a bit. I learned along the way what the minimum interface was and then embellished from there when I learned the function of some of the other parameters.

What I need is a good starting point (minimum interface to make the instruction run), and perhaps some guidance as to what some primary embellishments might be. I can figure out others in the future as project time and money allow…(yeah, right!)

I'm not sure I understand your question. Since there's one for a single speed motor, you would use that if you had a single speed motor in your project that you needed to control.

PlantPAx examples

Sorry, I thought I was clear...I am looking for a way to short circuit the learning curve so I can get on with programming using PlantPAx. I want to look at a program that has been implemented using PlantPAx instructions. The PDFs are not enough. Otherwise I will just abandon PlantPAx in favor of ladder logic and "standard" AOIs which I do know how to use. My other option of course, is to get a Rockwell guy/gal to train me. I took the formal Rockwell PlantPAX training class, but it was limited in scope and didn't provide all the implementation details on the new AOIs I need to make a complete program.