Siemens Logo 230RC

the arquitect

Hello everyone I have an issue programming a Siemens logo,since I am new in PLC programming I would like ma little help. I program something in Logo soft but I am stuck in some logic I want.These are the things I want to control:
When the fire alarm goes on the solenoid opens and the pressure switch too, so does the pump and the flow switch.But if the fire alarm , or the flow switch,or the pressure switch, or the solenoid stops working the whole system shuts down.
So please assist me on ideas on how to make this work

:geek:

Circuit Diagram1.jpg

The image is not at all clear, but I tried to interpret. Just before the pump is an AND function with four inputs of which only two are used. What is the output of an AND-function with unconnected inputs? If the LOGO interprets that as 1's, it's no problem. But if the LOGO interprets as 0's, your output will never turn on.

Furthermore, a LOGO! is NOT a PLC, it's a programmable relay. There are some distinct but very important differences between the two.

Kind regards,

The unused inputs on the AND function will not effect the logic on a LOGO. They are treated like they are not present. Use them if you wish but there is no need to terminate them.

The fire alarm should latch an function so that the pump continues to run until it is reset by another input. Also, I suppose that the pump running will cause the input for flow to activate and if it does not within some time frame then the pump will stop. If the pressure switch is on the pump discharge then it will work similarly. However, if it is monitoring the supply side of the pump, then it will always be active except if the supply drops out.

52mnoi.jpg

In this logic, the RS latch stops the pump if the I2 (pressure switch) or I3 (flow switch) go off. The latching is enalbled only after the pump starts. The latch is reset by turning I1 Off. Not sure if this is the easiest/simplest way but seems to work in the simulation.

Last edited: