Siemens LOGO

theColonel26

Lifetime Supporting Member
We need a Really Simple and Cheap controller that has a display or a Web Interface where we can change some set points.

We were thinking about a Siemens LOGO. Do you have to buy the programming software for them? if so How much is it?

I would prefer a Click PLC and a C-More Mini HMI but that is $300 total. And kinda overkill, so the Siemens is the best thing we have found so far.

I've installed several of the identical IDEC version (FL1F) that they refer to as a "SmartRelay". The software was a free download and they've operated flawlessly for about five years. They seem feature rich for that price point but programming by the front buttons is a frustrating waste of time. I'm an old ladder logic guy but I had no experience with function block programming at the time so there was a steep learning curve initially for me. Ethernet access with a built in browser is simple + no interfacing hardware is necessary for hardwire connection. I like them

Hi,

According to me SIEMENS LOGO is fine for smaller project like, for example, an irrigation system or light control. Of course it can be used for a more complex projects as long as you are within the block limitation of the LOGO.

It also has a MODBUS TCP Master/Slave functionality which is a good way for communication with other devices.

The webserver programming environment is called Logo Web Editor(LWE) and you need an SD Card to establish a web server on the LOGO.

One of the limitation are the outputs, if you need more you have to buy an extension module that will add to the initial costs and the extension module are not that cheap.

As far as I know the programming environment has a paid license that is perpetual.

Best Regards
Konstantin Kolev