Intouch - Alarm Visualization

SkyTech

Hello everyone!

I am trying to work with the alarm features in wonderware/archestra.
My problem is that i never touched in this and i dont know where to start. Here some couple of questions that i think are prioritary:

1- In Archestra objects field atributes we can select "enable limits alarms" and other similiar options. Is this the way to start?Defining this fields?

2- In Alarm visualization can we work with the information that i talked above?

My process of thinking is the follow:

1- Define a interval of "normal state" for each object property. Example : MachineX - Property: Current Fase 1 - [0,5A]
2- When this property has exceed the interval, this object is on "state of alarm"
3- Visualize and manage this.

I've already seen the Intouch Software ofr system platform but i dont understand where the info he coming from (objects atributes or other base)

Please help as you can!:geek:

First you should define a strategy for alarming.

Either do it in ArchestrA, or in the PLC.

I do it in the PLC because I have more ability. Then I just send a bit to a configured alarm attribute.

The other way is the way you are attempting to describe.
In an analog object, you could use the alarming for the attribute.

Hello, I think you should have a look on the following website mostly on Intouch training videos:
www.plcmentor.com
Best regards

If i wanted advertising i would go to somewhere else.

Oakley, the PLC's are already setted up and i can only control the objects atributes. For example i already defined some objects alarm properties, but my question is, in alarm visualization how can i get this info to be shown? i searched on manuals but i didnt find an answer.

Here's screen about what i am talking (in this properties not defined yet)

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/5518/alarms.png

Check the box "Enable Alarm Limits".
This should make the sub-attributes visible.

Yes, i know that, the question is that im having problems with the querys in the alarm visualization feature. For example i have some objects atributes that need diferent alarms limits, so i cant alarm the whole area, and i cant define this.

Here's some screens:

http://imgur.com/4jPksz0
http://imgur.com/OtVF21d

For example i want to specify the query for the object "Area1" that has a specific type of alarm.

This is just an example.

You should have your alarm banner created in the galaxy. It needs to be visible at all times for the query to execute.

Also, it looks as if your query is incorrect for using ArchestrA galaxies ...

\\{AOS Node}\Galaxy!{Area x}

Thank you Oakley! I already setted up a live alarm display with all the alarms that i wanted to show. Now i'm thinking about a drop down selection filter for areas, any ideas how can i do that?