CompactLogix L35E connection

jnagraves

Trying to connect to a CompactLogix L35E with either Ethernet or RS-232. Neither will connect. I am running RSLinx Classic v2.59.01 (CPR 9 Service Release 5). Any help would be appreciated.

I assume you are trying to connect it to your computer. Is it a brand new unit? If so you need to first connect through RS-232. If not Ethernet shouldn't be a problem. I can walk you through the connection. What windows are you running?

Okay I have that on my current computer I will post some screen shots and steps. I have an L23E right in front of me.

If you have your driver already set up and you have connected to other Ethernet PLC's than maybe there is a fault in the PLC and we should connect with the 232. To connect with the 232 you need a DF-1 driver in linx.

I have had it in the past with one computer that for some reason the ethernet I/P driver didn't work so I used just a generic ethernet device driver to connect and it worked. but you need to know the I/P address of the PLC if you know that you can punch it in manually

I would just connect with 232 at this point. Have you set up a DF-1 driver before, I apologize if I'm asking dumb question cause I'm not sure what point your at.