Controlling a Factorytalk trend using VBA

DanK99

Just like the title suggests, I'm looking for help to be able to control a Factorytalk View SE trend using VBA. Specifically I am looking to be able to pause the trend. It is possible to send keys to pause a trend, but it needs to have focus and so its not an ideal solution. Any ideas out there?

Could you give more details as to why you want to pause the trend through VB code?

I am asking because the Trend object in FT View itself already has a pause button.

Trend.JPG

I want to pause it with VBA because I want to moniter a plc tag and once it's triggered, I need to pause the trend. I don't want the HMI operator to have to pause it, i want it to pause automatically

That's interesting.Do you want to pause the trend so that an engineer can come and have a look at the nature of the trend when the trigger happened?

If that is the case, the engineer can easily pause, scroll back to see where the tag was triggered and study the trend.

The idea is that he/she shouldn't have to manually pause and scroll back. There could be 15 minutes between runs and scrolling to find the exact spot could be a pain

I glad it was what you were looking for. I used it in some programming a short wile ago.

John