Siemens S7-1200 and C-more touch screen

tmummert

Hi all, I have seen bits and pieces of information on the forum concerning my project but nothing really tying it all together. I am trying to use a Siemens S7-1200 CPU to drive a series of presses. The current PLC in place used an EA7-S6M touchscreen HMI to interface. I would like to reuse this touchscreen, but there is limited amounts of information on both sides of the fence. (I unfortunately did not budget for a new touch screen assuming I could figure it out)
I have seen some users suggest simply using the S7-300 protocol on the touchscreen which is all well and good, I was able to do so. But I still cannot get the two devices to communicate to each other. I have a feeling that I am not setting the proper parameters on the HMI or that I am not telling the CPU to look for the HMI on the network.

On the Beijer HMIs you do use the Driver that works for the 300/400 and 1200, I set Rack 0 and Slot 1 for the ISO/TCP device. I know that you aren't using Beijer but maybe the Slot and Rack will be the same. Make sure they are both on the same Subnet i.e. 192.168.0.0 or whatever. Don't think you will need to tell the PLC to accept requests from an HMI, just so long as you have set an IP address on the PLC.

I have setup a single DB without optimized access containing all of the variables I would like to enter from the touch screen. Should I be seeing the classical layout of the variables?

I have set the rack to 0 and slot to 1, which I can find listed in the network setup of the 1200. I also use the 300/400 protocol which should work with the 1200. In the 1200 help file, these two lines describing port 102 (the one the EA7 forces me to use) are what concerns me--

* These ports are used by TSEND_C and TRCV_C with the TCP and UDP connection types.
** These ports are blocked depending on the function scope of the utilized S7-1200 CPU. The documentation of the respective CPUs provides the assignment of these ports.

I'm wondering if I did not set the function scope wide to allow port 102 to be used and if not, how to do so.

I also wanted to note that I have set the CPU IP to 192.168.0.1 and forced the HMI to 192.168.0.10, both on the subnet 255.255.255.0.
As of right now, it doesn't even give me the opportunity to enter the variables, it immediately gives a PLC communication timeout, so I do not believe the DB is the present issue, although I could be wrong.