Plc 5/60 RIO to a 20-Comm-R

Darkzadow

I have a PLC5/60 with 4 DH+/RIO connectors and a 20-comm-r module on a Powerflex DC drive. I have the PLC channel configured as RIO scanner. For the rack settings in the plc I have rack 4, group 0, size 1/2, Inhibit 0, range 040-043, 57.6k baud. On the 20-Comm-r i have rack 4, group 0, size 1/2, 57.6k baud.

On the comm r the Port is solid green(connected to Drive), Mod light is flashing green (no comm detected) and the net A is dark (The adapter is not powered
or is not connected properly to the Remote I/O network). I have the adapter powered and have tried both blue and clear wire configurations, with and without terminating resistor.

What am I doing wrong for the connection or is 20-comm-r on powerflex dc, and PLC 5/60 with the built in 4 dh+/rio channels not a possible configuration? (then im boned.....boned bad)

Just an update I used the manual switch settings and removed the terminating resistor(was last drive on that RIO channel but whateves) and got one of them working 2 more that I am playing with ( they are the last 2 on their channel)

Normally you don't use a resistor with a 20-COMM-R as it has one built into the module. You turn it on or off with the dip switch setting. If you had a physical resistor in place also and this enabled that could be part of your original issue.

Ok that explains that one, Thank you. I tried that with the other pair but no luck. Still digging through cabling and settings