no enbt/a rev 4 in rslinx enterprise, FT ME

mike_dr

Is it ok to use the 1756-ENBT/A rev 1 as it is the only one available in setting up the topic in rslinx enterprise via FT ME? I have a enbt/a rev 4 in the processor but there is no rev 4 in enterprise.

Would it work as long as the IP address of the processor is defined correctly?

thank you for clarifying this

dont mind where the cursor is indicating, It should be in enbt/a

enbt.JPG

I would just select the most similar device (1756-ENBT), regardless of the firmware revision shown.

RSLinx Enterprise chose to hard-code all of the hardware ID's it knows about, rather than make them modular or adopt the EDS file infrastructure already in place for RSLinx Classic.

Heaven knows why: it's comical what sort of never-existed part numbers show up in the RSLinx Enterprise hardware schema, while ordinary new firmware revisions are not handled gracefully.

But that's all in the past. I've had good luck just choosing similar devices.