1756-L61, 1756-RM and 1756-CNB

epicnote

Hello guys,

My client is going to upgrade their PLC system. Below are the list of modules that going to be upgraded and the existing module (1756-CNB):

1) Upgrade: 1756-L55 to 1756-L61
2) Upgrade: 1757-SRM to 1756-RM
3) Remain: 1756-CNB

So my question, is there any issue in term of integration between remaining module (1756-CNB) and new modules (1756-L61 and 1756-RM)?

Thanks in advance

I presume that your client has a good reason for upgrading the Redundancy modules; maybe they are looking for more capacity, or better performance.

The modules you describe are not the current generation of ControlLogix Redundancy. You did not ask about the modules that are available to provide better performance, lower cost, or longer-term availability, so I am not going to discuss those issues unless you request it.

The ControlLogix Redundancy release that supports the three devices you describe is version 16.57 Standard Redundancy.

You can, and should, download the version 16.57 Standard Redundancy release notes for specific information about this version.

ControlLogix Redundancy is seldom used in small or simple systems, so it may be worth a call to an RA office with a technical consultant (or RA Technical Support ) to discuss your goals and requirements for this upgrade.

Ken, thank you very much for the explaination. You always provide a good answer everytime you get in.

By the way, what about if i ask my client to upgrade their module as per below suggestion:

1) Replacing existing 1756-L55 controller to 1756-L71 controller
2) Replacing existing 1757-SRM module to 1756-RM2

Is there any impact/issue to keep existing 1756-CNB module??

Thanks in advance

I presume that your client has a good reason for upgrading the Redundancy modules; maybe they are looking for more capacity, or better performance.

The modules you describe are not the current generation of ControlLogix Redundancy. You did not ask about the modules that are available to provide better performance, lower cost, or longer-term availability, so I am not going to discuss those issues unless you request it.

The ControlLogix Redundancy release that supports the three devices you describe is version 16.57 Standard Redundancy.

You can, and should, download the version 16.57 Standard Redundancy release notes for specific information about this version.

ControlLogix Redundancy is seldom used in small or simple systems, so it may be worth a call to an RA office with a technical consultant (or RA Technical Support ) to discuss your goals and requirements for this upgrade.