Upgrading from 1756-L61 to 1756-L71

aleon

Hi All,

I'm trying to upgrade from 1756-L61 to 1756-L71 but I keep getting an error 25299-0. Is there anything that need to be complete to be able to upgrade?

Hi All,

I'm trying to upgrade from 1756-L61 to 1756-L71 but I keep getting an error 25299-0. Is there anything that need to be complete to be able to upgrade?

you pretty much need to change the processor type manually in an .l5k filetype.

you can do that by saving the current project as .l5k

create a new project with the processor type you want to switch it to. then save that new project as .l5k, and then copy/paste the 'Processortype' 'CatalogNumber' and 'ProductCode' from the new project, to the old projects ascii text file (l5k).

then try to reopen the old project that you wanted to change.

you pretty much need to change the processor type manually in an .l5k filetype.

you can do that by saving the current project as .l5k

create a new project with the processor type you want to switch it to. then save that new project as .l5k, and then copy/paste the 'Processortype' 'CatalogNumber' and 'ProductCode' from the new project, to the old projects ascii text file (l5k).

then try to reopen the old project that you wanted to change.

I've done exactly this upgrade (L61 to L71) and did this step with the .L5K files and it worked perfectly. Just open the .L5K up in Notepad (or any other text editor) and swap out those fields for the new ones.

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

Are you changing the controller type but leaving the firmware major revision the same ?

What exact version of RSLogix 5000 / Studio 5000 Logix Designer are you using ? The minor revision might matter.

Is there any other text in the error message ? Where and when, exactly, does it show up ?

I agree that changing the controller type in the L5K format might be the easiest way to circumvent a controller type change error.