I want to understand Powerflex in detail.

ashish2pat

HI All,

I am very new to PLC Scada domain. and I want to understand Powerflex .

Currentlly I have Powerflex connected to Lab machine. and I am able to connect it from DriveExplorer.
But I dont know anything in detail which drive explorer is showing.

Also I have some comman questions,
Could you all please help me regarding this.

a) In the drive explorer it is coming like
0-PowerFlex 70 EC 480V 22A
1- 20-HIM-xx SER C
5- 20-COMM-E-EtherNet/IP

What is it and what is the name of Powerflex device. it is PowerFlex 70 EC 480V 22A or 20-COMM-E-EtherNet/IP or 20-HIM-xx SER C

where I will get documents related to this devcie.

b) What protocol it use. if CIP what is the format of message.
because I was monitoring packets on wireshark and it is showing CIP protocol but for every call it is using ServiceUnknown 0x4b and it is able to get all data with this command. I was unable to find this command info in CIP protocol document.

Please find attached document of screenshots of drive explorer.

Thanks you for valuable time and input.

The drive is the PowerFlex 70 EC 480V 22A. The Ethernet adapter module is the 20-COMM-E, and the keypad module is the 20-HIM-xx.

I've never had any need to deal directly with the PowerFlex communications object.

DriveExplorer will detail the complete configuration of the respective system, including the peripherals attached to the drive.
Obviously, PowerFlex 70 EC 480V 22A is the drive type and rating, 20-COMM-E-EtherNet/IP is the attached EtherNet/IP communication interface module and 20-HIM-xx SER C is the onboard HIM (Human Inteface Module).
http://literature.rockwellautomatio...ets/search_results.hcst&ftx=&passedLangVal=EN

DriveExplorer is connected to the PF70 via EtherNet/IP which is Rockwell Software's CIP-over-Ethernet proprietary automation protocol.
Information pertinent to EtherNet/IP could be obtained from ODVA.

http://www.odva.org/Home/ODVATECHNOLOGIES/EtherNetIP/tabid/67/lng/en-US/Default.aspx

Last edited: