siemes wincc flexible 2008

ravi1821

hi frens,

i am new to siemens programming. i have done a project on siemens s7 300 cpu317, i manage to write the logic sequence successfully, but i have trouble displaying the data value at the hmi unit. i am using mp377 hmi unit.
i try to set the tag but at hmi doesnot shows any respond to value , the value remains shows 0 at hmi, but i monitor the db value at vari table , the data changes as per sequience.
i dont know weather the setting which i have done at the hmi unit is correct. any one can share some lights on this matter.

thanks in advance

Hi jesper,

My hmi is working fine, i able to see the plc io status, i have manual operation where by press the button on hmi and the address set the tag respond in the plc programme. My problem is i can not see the status of the db on my screen.
I could send you the hmi programme which i have done under wincc flex 2008 for reference.

Hope you could advice me further.

Thanks in advance

No dont send me the HMI file. I dont have time to check it.
Check the tag. Is it set to update 'on use' ?
Check the in/out field.
Is it in input mode ? You should always use output or input/output, never just input mode.

Hi jesper,,

Thanks A lot for the valuable information. Detail below is the setting of my tag ,

The tag setting is set at tag no 4, connection 1, data type real, address db1 dbd0, array ellement 1, acq cycle is 1s, acq mode cyclic on use, length 4,

I could fore see any other setting to be done on this,

Please advice,

Thanks in advance

Hi jesper,,

Thanks A lot for the valuable information. Detail below is the setting of my tag ,

The tag setting is set at tag no 4, connection 1, data type real, address db1 dbd0, array ellement 1, acq cycle is 1s, acq mode cyclic on use, length 4,

I could fore see any other setting to be done on this,

Please advice,

Thanks in advance
As per Jespers' post:
What is the In/Out field set to?
Input, Input/output or just Output?
I think you have set the filed to "Input" and therefore you get just "0"