Siemes S7 200 upload ok but not download

how

Dear all,
I can read (upload) the plc project easily. But when I try to download it almost complete (like 100% downloaded program block also data block) but after a while it send "communication error! Check the attached cable and click the communication button to change settings"

I dont known why uploading is ok but download threw communication error.
The software microwin
The plc s7 200

There are 2 types of programming available in Microwin. These are identified as SIMATIC and IEC1131.

You must select the proper type before loading. If memory serves you have to change this in Tools/Options/General and then select IEC 1131.

NOTE: You will have to reset this back to SIMATIC the next time you open Microwin in order to correctly access any programs not written in IEC1131. The setting does not revert to a default on restart.

sorry for being late the part number is CPU 224 REL 02.01
And
How to know if the format is simatic or IEC 1131 I didnt touch anything about it. I just upload the project from the old successfully but cant download it to the new one with exact part number.

Please look the attached programmer. It say for s7300 is that the reason?

Programmer.jpg

Hello how

Don,t know if this aplies to your situation but there are Siemens 200 series plc that are manufactured in China ( let,s say copies from the original Siemens ones) the so called CN version. In that case you have to switch the language from microwin to Chineese and then you should be able to download.

Experienced this When I did a project in 2015 in Ethiopia.

Kind regards
Henny

I haven't used that adapter but I have had similar error messages. When I started out the USB to MPI/PPI cable wasn't available and I had to use USB to RS232, then the Siemens RS232 to PPI cable. With one USB to RS232 converter I was getting that message, I had used it before with no problem, I fixed it by using a different USB to RS232 converter. Same error message was fixed by swapping to a different USB port on the laptop, and once just unplugging the mains cable on the laptop fixed it. Finally on another occasion I had to use a different laptop to get the thing to work. Touch wood, the USB system on more modern laptops seem a lot more resilient and the errors happen less often.

Cannot find any report links, but in effect just did, as for clutter is what you just did also the same, sorry if that sounds a bit of a rant but I know there used to be a report but looked everywhere could not find it.

Cannot find any report links, but in effect just did
Or perhaps it was the three other posts the spammer made that I reported?

as for clutter is what you just did also the same, sorry if that sounds a bit of a rant but I know there used to be a report but looked everywhere could not find it.
I merely added to what was already there, and if it reduces such incidences in future it was a net benefit.

As for the report button:
attachment.php

Report Link.png

Lol, I knew it was somewhere, must be my age, never used it but now you mention it I remember, sorry my brain cells do not work as well now.

It's not particularly intuitive... only reason I know is because I looked at it and wondered what the icon was, then clicked it to find out :)