Unity program different and we can't recover

DebPeterson

I did some work in a unity program offline, and now its different than what is in the processor. I can't seem to recover, short of doing a straight down load to the processor, but we have equipment running that can not be stopped right now. I can’t transfer (up load) the Program from the Processor either, I keep getting a E5006 processor failed error. Anyone know how to recover from this?

Check in the folder where the .stu program is, and look for a .sta file called program name.auto.sta it will be a backup of the last time the program was built. You should be able to open this and then go on line.

Don't understand why you can't upload, I have never seen this error message

Ive had some issues like this before. Mostly when you wrote software and used the hardware catalogue with user devices and then upgrade to a newer version of unity. You must export the user devices before upgrading. Sometimes the hardware catalogue doesnt have those devices and wont be able to upload then

Unity program wont upload.

Thanks for the replies, we ended up loading unity 6.0 (our orginal program was developed in 4.1) and we were able to upload the program without any problems. Not sure if we will need to do an upgrade or what. Still dont know what the error means. Thanks much, Deb