Unity Pro and keystroke program

I think you are right Geoff quite frankly. I would like to see them improve the interaction with Excel though - if you have been using Omron you will know what I mean - just simply copy and paste without haveing to import/export.
All software has some really good/really bad/OK etc functionality. It would be wonderful to get the lot in one program one day.
I guess that will never happen as one person's cup of tea is someone else's can of Coke!

Another silly question - probably for Geoff as he has used Omron - I have not gone online with the M340 yet but will shortly. I wish to do I/O checks of course without any program in the PLC.
With CX-Programmer in the 'watch' window one can define a ULINT (unsigned long integer)and then open it up in binary.
For a 64 bit input card the whole lot is shown on the screen as a block per bit and it goes from white to yellow when an input is activeted.
Further, for outputs the same applies and with no program in the PLC the output bits can just be toggled on and off with the 'j' key on the keyboard.
Is there a similar function in Unity Pro at all?
Thank you for the help so far gentlemen - always a learning curve with new software and guys that use it all the time normally know all the 'quickies'.

Bob

In answer to your questions
To go online you will need to create a program first, it can be as simple as just creating a new project with an M340 cpu. But I would suggest also configuring the io at this stage, because this will help in the io testing part of your question.
The io cannot be directly addressed as bits of a word (Yes this is a feature I have used on other systems and I do miss in Unity). However when online you can click on each card in the configuration and the last tab is debug (or diagnostic). Im doing this from memory so forgive me any lapses. In this tab you can directly see the state of digital and analog values, and I think for outputs you can force them here.

Anyhow I hope this helps

Geoff