Exporting cross reference list

dmbartender

Hey guys. Is there any way to do this? I've got about 500 items in my cross reference list that are part of an array. I have to visually check to make sure that they are only written to as an OTE one time. If I could export the list, then I could just have excel do the work for me.

Any ideas?

Just right click the array and select "Export". Anyway that is how it is done in GEIP Proficy ME.
But it also gives one a full cross reference in the 'Feedback Zone' window under the 'Reference' tab.

Hey guys. Is there any way to do this? I've got about 500 items in my cross reference list that are part of an array. I have to visually check to make sure that they are only written to as an OTE one time. If I could export the list, then I could just have excel do the work for me.

Any ideas?

There might be ideas a-plenty if you tell us the PLC system you are using...

I'm guessing you are using an Allen-Bradley system, because you said "OTE", and I am guessing you are using Logix5000 (ControlLogix, CompactLogix, DriveLogix, FlexLogix, GuardLogix, SoftLogix), because you said "array".

If my guesses are correct, RSLogix5000 has a verification option that detects duplicate destructive outputs. Find it in Tools, Options....

I am using RSLogix5000, version 20.

That's a good tip with the "enable duplicate destructive bit verification", however there are a whole bunch of other bits and structures where it's ok if they are written to at different destinations. That means I still have to sift through a very long list.

Is there any way to cross reference an array, and export the results to a CSV or similar?