FactoryTalk View Studio / RSLinx Enterprise troubleshooting

rywins

I have a Logix 5574 Processor (Control) set up, communicating through an EN2T card (on the processor rack) to my PC and a Panelview (all on LAN). I am trying to read tags in FT Studio ME.

In RSLinx, I can see the processor and ethernet card and have downloaded a new program which is currently running. If I right click on Data Monitor in RSLinx from my laptop, I can view all my processor tags.

However, in FT Studio ME, I cannot see my tags. I have followed the steps to set up communication (RSLinx Enterprise/Comm Setup/processor) shortcut, but none of the tags show up when I attempt to animate something.

I have tried restarting my PC. I have tried refresh all folders. In FT Studio, I get the error "Failed to receive tags from the OPC Server...."

Any suggestions?

Thanks

This is a wild guess, but go ahead and check the RSLinx Classic OPC configuration and make sure you don't have an OPC topic configured there with an identical name to your RSLinx Enterprise Shortcut.

FactoryTalk View handles OPC and FactoryTalk LiveData almost identically, and it can get confused if there are OPC Topics and Shortcuts with the same name.

Is the 1756-L74 a very new controller, maybe running v20 or v21 firmware ? RSLinx Enterprise uses hard-coded controller identity information, rather than EDS files, so it's possible that your revision of RSLinx Enterprise does not properly recognize the 1756-L74.