FT VantagePoint

PoseidonHo

My Customer had bought the license for FT VantagePoint Named User for Microsoft SQL.đź‘Ľ
I do not have any idea on apply the VantagePoint Named User to the SQL software for the VantagePoint Function, so is the Factory Talk VantagePoint server and Microsoft SQL are equivalent software?

Thanks

FTVP Server is running "on-top" of a MS SQL Server which's install package and license are provided within the FTVP Server install package.
This being said, FTVP actually is a "locked-out" SQL Server capable to be connected to via various OPC databases such as another SQL Server.
Your customer's FTVP client license will have to be "registered" within the FT Activation Services utility running on the FTVP Server machine and the machine/user running the "peer" SQL to be connected to the FTVP server will have to be listed within the FT Administration Console/ System (Computers/Users) login credentials.